With the growing popularity of experiential marketing, it’s important to have the right staff serve as the face of your business, which sets the tone for your events.
When choosing a staffing agency for your next event, there are some important factors to consider to ensure a smooth, successful affair. Let’s discuss! But first, what is experiential marketing?
What is Experiential Marketing?
Experiential marketing is a newer marketing strategy that utilizes live interaction to engage a brand’s customers and/or prospective customers – think of brand pop-up events with unique activities or brand ambassadors demoing a product and handing out free samples!
Interested in learning more? Read our blog post “What is Experiential Marketing? Why Should I Use It?”
What Should I Look for in a Staffing Agency?
When it comes to event staffing, you want to make sure that you are working with the best of the best (duh!) After all, you are putting your reputation on the line by hiring someone to work at your event.
So, what should you look for in a good event staffing agency? Here are four tips:
The staffing agency you select should, first of all, have a good reputation (with references and testimonials from past clients to back it up!) Additionally, make sure the agency is licensed and properly insured.
Good staffing agencies should have a lot of experience staffing events of all sizes and types. This will guarantee that the agency has experience staffing events of a similar size and scope to the one you’re planning.
The agency should offer a variety of services and individuals, such as:
- Event management
- Food and beverage servers
- The list goes on!
A good event staffing agency should have a variety of staff members available.
Moreover, the staff members available should be qualified and experienced in providing great customer service. When looking at a particular agency, ask to see a list of their current staff! Check out their bios and resumes; do some digging.
This research will give you a sense of the quality of employees the agency can provide. Of course, all employees should be properly screened and trained prior to work as well.
Excellent Customer Service
Lastly, the agency should be easy to work with to ensure a smooth partnership. Their team should include employees who demonstrate great customer service.
What Are the Pros and Cons of a Temp Agency?
Temp agencies, or temporary employment agencies, can be a great way to quickly and easily fill last-minute staffing needs. However, there are also some potential drawbacks.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of using a temp agency to staff your events.
Pros of Using a Temp Agency to Staff Your Events
Below are six pros of using a temp agency to staff your events.
- Lower Liability for Your Business: Using a staffing agency allows an employer to hire an employee on a trial basis before making a long-term commitment, which lowers hiring risks. The agency also takes care of things like workers’ compensation insurance, general liability insurance, and all other costs related to employment. Woohoo!
- Reduced Time to Hire: A staffing agency can reduce an employer’s time to hire from weeks or months to days.
- Large Talent Pools: Great staffing agencies will have amassed a database of talented and skilled individuals to assist in easily filling positions with the most qualified candidates.
- Staffing Agencies Save Employers’ Money: Using a staffing agency can save employers money on things like marketing, benefits, and overtime costs.
- Offer Flexibility: Staffing agencies offer flexibility by allowing employers to bring on skilled workers for short-term projects.
- Save Time on Onboarding and Payroll: Who are we kidding? Onboarding and payroll is a PAIN! Agencies handle onboarding paperwork and payroll taxes for contract employees.
Cons of Using a Temp Agency to Staff Your Events
Below are three cons of using a temp agency to staff your events.
- Training Staff Can Take Time: This considered, it’s important to find an agency that specializes in the type of position you’re looking to fill.
- Potential Team Bonding and Culture Issues: While agencies save employers time on onboarding and payroll, they also lose out on the ability to cultivate long-term relationships with employees.
- Some Control of the Hiring Process is Lost: Some staffing agencies may not have strong recruitment processes, which could result in subpar candidates.
As you can see, the pros far outweigh the cons of using a temp agency to staff your events.
Need Staff for Your Next Event?
If you’re looking to hire event staff, it’s important to choose the right staffing agency. Not all agencies are created equal – as we’ve learned, some are better than others at finding qualified employees and matching them with the right event.